Housing Information Services of Windsor & Essex County Inc. (HIS) is a dynamic service consisting of extensive one-on-one client assistance in Homelessness Prevention, Housing Retention, Energy Assistance, Rent Subsidy Assistance, Transitional Housing, Networking, Referrals, Education, Advocacy and Landlord Support Services.
HIS has often been called upon and quickly respond to emergent issues within our community, such as new immigrants / refugees arriving into our community, fire victims, emergency gas shut offs. HIS is the “Go-To” agency upon which the City and other community agencies rely.
Are you a Landlord or Homeowner?
Need Help Renting your Housing Unit?
Do you have…
- affordably priced rental apartment, duplex or single dwelling home in Windsor or Essex County?
- an empty room in your home that you might want to rent?
- a wheelchair accessible rental unit?
List your Affordable Rental Housing Unit or Room for FREE!
Housing Information Services:
- Maintains an up-to-date registry of available rental units throughout Windsor/Essex County.
- Works with landlords to set up Pay Direct to collect your rent on time.
- Provides landlords access to information on available Housing Supplement or Rent Incentive Programs.
- Offers landlord/tenant mediation to help PREVENT evictions or assist the tenant to move out.
- Provides assistance with Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal for landlords and tenants.
- Provides Landlords with current information on current legislation, lease agreements and more
- Responds to Landlord concerns in a timely manner.
- Operates with integrity and honesty.
Are you in need of affordable housing?
Is your rent too high? Are you being evicted?
At Housing Information Services, our programs and services are designed to offer you choices to make decisions about your own housing options and empower you to sustain and maintain your housing. We provide one-on-one support if you are at a risk of being homeless due to an eviction.
HIS will negotiate with your landlord to maintain your current housing or have viable options for moving and help you find alternate affordable housing. We will inform you of your rights and responsibilities according to the Residential Tenancy Act.
Our many programs and services are available to all individuals and families.
Appointments are recommended, however walk-ins are welcome.